Team Ashworth will be hosting a high altitude training camp in March 2020 as part of our preparation for the Two Oceans Ultra Marathon on 11 April 2020.
The training camp will run from Friday, 6 March to Sunday, 8 March 2020 and is open to all athletes receiving coaching from Team Ashworth and their partners. For athletes interested in attending the camp, this weekend will be incorporated as part of your individual training cycle.
Should you not be taking part in the Two Oceans Ultra, you are still very welcome to join us for a long run weekend in build-up to Comrades 2020.
Here’s the plan for the weekend:
- Athletes will be responsible for booking their own accommodation in and around Clarens. All runs will start at the town square. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Plan to arrive in Clarens for dinner at 19h00. It makes sense to share transport from Durban / Johannesburg so please feel to discuss this on the Team Ashworth Coaching whatsapp group ahead of the weekend.
- Please confirm your attendance at dinner with Ann or David at least 2 weeks before so that a group dinner reservation can be made. Each person to pay their own tab.
- Should there be a few non-running partners in attendance for the weekend, we will plan a group long run through the Golden Gate National Park on Saturday morning, followed by a short run and motivational talks on Saturday evening. If there are insufficient non-running partners to assist with seconding, the group will split up – half running long in the morning and half running long in the afternoon.
- Runners will meet for dinner on Saturday night. Each person to pay their own tab.
- On Sunday, the group will complete a short run session with some core strength and mobility training.
- The camp will conclude with a group brunch after check-out at 10h30.
It is our intention not to charge for the camp, other than to cover the cost of petrol for seconding, seconding supplies and any strength/mobilty related equipment required by athletes who attend. We would estimate this cost to be about R500 depending on the number of athletes. This cost will include a Team Ashworth branded t-shirt.
Should you be interested in attending, please let Ann or David know before the end of January 2020.